2207 380th Ave., Clinton, IA 52732 | (563) 522-2177
Are you a church member? Login here
History

 

On August 7, 1892 the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church was organized.  Two  weeks later, worship services were held in the English Lutheran Church building in Elvira.  Services were held in the German language until 1914.  After this time, English services were held on the second Sunday of the month until the German services were discontinued.

 

In April of 1925, the United Presbyterian Church building was purchased by the congregation.  A parsonage was erected in 1927 on property that was donated and where it still stands.  In 1933 the Presbyterian building was moved next to the parsonage.

 

In 1937, art glass windows and pews were purchased and in 1940 a Wangerin organ was installed. The organ was rewired and refurbished in 2010.

 

Additions were made to the church in 1952 and 1958. The front of the church was remodeled in the winter of 1965-1966.  In 1980 a handicap accessible ramp was added to the church.